Overview about the research at the institute
- Current and finished externally funded research projects
- Open Science
- Specialised Information Service Linguistics (FiD Linguistik)
- New publications and research
The Institute of Linguistics, which is based in the Faculty of Modern Languages (FB 10), has special expertise in the fields of language structure (syntax and phonology), semantics and pragmatics, psycholinguistics (language acquisition, language processing), and historical linguistics, and represents known researchers. In addition, there are close contacts and cooperation with the linguists in the Institutes of English and Romance Studies, with philosophy (Faculty of Philosophy and History, FB 08), and the Institute for Empirical Linguistics (Faculty ofLinguistics and Cultural Studies, FB 09).
Besides the Institute of Linguistics, there is also research and teaching in linguistics in other institutes. More details can be found here:
- Institute of English and American Studies
- Institute of Psycholinguistics and Didactics of the German Language
- Institute of Romance Languages and Literatures
- Institute of Empirical Linguistics
The potential of the Frankfurt linguistics is especially in the realm of foundational research in linguistics. The active research is bundled in various projects.