Current information about the program:
- Information about Corona
- Course catalogue for the summer term 2022
- Course catalogue for the winter term 2021
- Please contact Matthias Schulze-Bünte for any questions regarding study achievements and exams
- Latest study regulations and study plan
- Changes regarding the rotation of historical linguistics and phonology
- Link to the examination office
- Sign up for exams
- Certificates (Scheinformulare)
- BA Linguistics accreditation certificate
The BA program in linguistics qualifies students to make theoretically and empirically sound statements about different aspects of language. In order to do this, the program teaches theoretical foundations and methods of linguistic language description and relates them to the various subdisciplines of research. The program teaches mainly knowledge about the core areas of grammar theory (phonology, morphology, syntax), meaning theory (semantics, pragmatics), psycholinguistics (language acquisition and language processing), and historical linguistics.
The BA-degree in linguistics is the precondition for the MA program in linguistics. There are various job perspectives in fields, where the structure of linguistic utterances plays a role.